The following highlights its metaphoric richness:
- Iris is a showy spring flower. It defines women well – women like to be showy.
- Iris is a spring flower – typifying new beginnings.
- It has underground roots – they spread. If snipped off at one spot, other off-shoots develop.
- As women, we have an ability to not only survive but also triumph despite the harshness we all too often encounter.
- As women we have a resilience like the iris, and by tapping our inner courage and vitality, we manage to overcome adversity and reveal our beauty and durability.